Design Development Program
The main objective of the seminar was to enhance quality education and also encourage the knowledge of creative learning.
The seminar started with group formation. 4 people per group were divided which had lead to a group discussion on the proposed plan to develop an efficient syllabus for the design courses.
There was a group and individual presentation of the different ideas which were composed of the individual members and were noted down on paper for further submission.
The team has also organized a debate session after the presentation to understand every individual’s key concern and problem area.
The key points of discussion:
- The Challenges of Learning ( The perspective of the Students )
- Brief History of Learning
- Presentation on Knowledge – Replication, and Concept
- Major points of discussion include
- What is Learning?
- Mental Model – Understanding versus Construction
- Feedback is given by Faculty
- a) When feedback goes Wrong
- b) Judgment
- c) Power Play
- d) Complication
- e) Hidden Feedback
- f) Contradictory
- Assessment Criteria
- Formative Assessment
- Summative Assessment
- Also a discussion on how to inculcate Knowledge in students –
- How to Create
- Recipe/Instruction Iteration